The Best Ever DIY Eye Cream Recipe!
The delicate skin around the eyes is far thinner than the skin anywhere else on our face or body, with the exception of the back of the hands. The eye area is also prone to signs of aging including fine lines, “crows feet “and deep set wrinkles as we mature. Of course those laughter lines we end up with add character and definition to our faces, but who wouldn’t want the chance to smoooooooth them out a little! 😉
Today I want to share a recipe for my favourite DIY eye cream with you. It is super simple and easy to make with ingredients that can easily be obtained. It also works surprisingly well as a nourishing – and cheap! – make up remover.
The 2 ingredients needed to make this work are coconut oil and vitamin E oil. Both of these are powerhouse ingredients that have enormous benefits for your skin. This eye cream is a fantastic natural product that is 100 % chemical, toxin and synthetic fragrance free.
Coconut Oil Benefits ~
- Natural Moisturizer
- Protects The Skin
- Light Oil Perfect For The Eye Area
- Absorbs Into The Skin Easily
- Removes Under Eye Puffiness
- Removes “Bags” Under The Eyes
- Treats Wrinkles
- Softens The Skin
- Antioxidant Rich
- Suitable For All Skin Types
- Contains Sunscreen (approx factor 4)
- Heals Any Damaged Skin
- Skin Cell Renewal
- Anti-Aging Ingredient
- Brightens Skin Around The Eyes
- Helps Any Psoriasis, Eczema or Dermatitis Around The Eye Area
- Antiviral, Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Properties
- Perfect For Massage Oil Around The Eye Area
- Cost Effective Ingredient
- May Be Used Alone
- It is a Carrier Oil for Essential Oils
Benefits of Vitamin E ~
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Protects Delicate Skin Cells
- Anti-Aging Properties
- Reduces Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Regulates Vitamin A
- Treats Skin Disorders Including Psoriasis
- Sun Protection
- Excellent Moisturizer For Eyes
- Nourishes The Skin
- Strengthens The Skin Tissue
- Improves Skin Elasticity
- Rejuvenates Tired Skin
- Removes Dark Circles
- Removes Bags Under The Eyes
- Prevents Age Spots
- Maintains Skins Oil Balance
- Natural Skin Softener
- Smoothes The Skin
- Improves The Skin Texture
Homemade Eye Cream ~
Vitamin E Capsules (3 capsules or ¼ teaspoon per 14- 30 ml size container)
You Will Need:
Glass Jar, Lip Balm Tin or even recycle contact lens case and use both sides (size is up to you, small is best for eye cream products).
Small saucepan (for melting coconut oil) or use microwave for 3-5 seconds on low-medium setting.
Toothpick (wooden skewer or cocktail stick would do)
- Fill your container with coconut oil.
- This is solid at room temperature so either add the coconut oil to a saucepan to melt, or use the microwave.
- Melting will only take a few seconds or a minute on the stove. Melt gently so as not to burn, coconut oil will only become liquid at 76 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat as it starts to melt.
- Pierce the vitamin E capsules and add to the coconut oil.
- Use the toothpick to blend the two ingredients together.
- Pop it in the fridge to solidify.
- That’s all there is to this easy eye cream!
- There is no need to keep it refrigerated; the oils will not go off.
Lavender is a perfect addition to this eye cream recipe because it’s great for all skin types and it’s anti-inflammatory properties help soothe various skin problems like acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, eczema, stretch marks, scars, sunburns, dandruff, rashes and bug bites!
Other EO’s that would be great to add would be Frankincense, which helps rejuvenate aging skin, and Geranium, which helps speed up the reproduction of skin cells.
This eye cream makes a great gift idea for anyone! Easy to make, it uses two easily accessible ingredients that will make quite a number of eye creams and save you money. You could customize them if you wish by adding essential oil but always check first that the essential oil is suitable.
Evening Primrose oil is another great carrier or base oil that is excellent for anti-aging products so feel free to incorporate it into this. You could fill your container with half coconut oil, half primrose oil.